A Sunday champagne brunch will delight with music, arts, silent auction, and cultural performances.
Join us for this joint fundraiser by the Cultural Arts Rotary Club and Shinzen Garden that will benefit the youth arts, educational programs, and the Shinzen Garden.
You will enjoy brunch items from local restaurants while experiencing the beauty, art, and performance pockets in the garden. Champagne and other drinks are available no-host.
Tickets are available online for $30 in advance. Space permitting, day of event tickets will be available at the door for $40.
Visit our Facebook event page for updates on entertainment and more!
Celebrating the transition of CARC Presidents! Fiesta night @ Plaza Ventana. Cheers to Elva Rodriguez for wrapping up a great year of service & leadership, and best wishes to incoming president Michelle Tutunjian!
A total of $10,600 is awarded to six local and one international organizations to benefit primarily childrens’ organizations, with an emphasis on the arts. To encourage and promote arts and children’s wellbeing, each year Cultural Arts Rotary gifts organizations applying for funds through its Foundation. This year’s awardees for 2016‐17 are:
- Children’s Musical Theaterworks ‐ $1,250 ‐ costuming for a full scale production in 2017
- West Africa Vocational School ‐ $1,000 – educational and vocational materials for phase 2 of the New Entrepreneur’s Program to assist with welding, mechanics, and computer skill development for youth in West Africa.
- Civic Learning Partnership Project ‐ $800 – production of two documentary videos for the Democracy School Program at Sutter Middle School, Baird Middle School, and Keplar Neighborhood School. Five hundred students in 18 classes will choose a community problem project which will be documented by Sunnyside High School’s Video Academy.
- Howard K. Watkins Photographic Archives Project ‐ $500 – improve website to provide better access to the collection as well as increase the number of photographs available online
- Jazz Fresno ‐ $1,000 ‐ the annual community event, When Art Meets Jazz
- Focus Forward ‐ $1,250.00 ‐ the Spoken Word Poetry project and the annual Focus on Youth Success event
- Fresno Arts Council ‐ $4,800 – children’s art display at the Water Tower
Cultural Arts Rotary cultivates creativity through service. Meeting every Tuesday noon at Arte Americas, funds are raised through fundraisers to benefit the community, with a particular focus on youth arts. For more information on the club or its giving, please go to thwww.culturalartsrotary.org.
The Central High School Interact Club held their third annual Winteract at Valley Children’s Hospital. This year the theme was Dr. Seuss books. Children could pin the heat on the Grinch, pin the hat on the cat, decorate a stocking, toss a bean bag, or write a letter to Santa. Additional activities and a gift of a book and knitted caps or gloves rounded out the evening.
Cultural Arts Rotarians wrapping gifts and delivering food and holiday joy to some less fortunate families. Merry Christmas!